Cadet arrested for sex assault with 17-year-old cadet in air force ceremony

A cadet cadet at an air force base was charged with sexually assaulting a teenager while he was attending a ceremony at the Farnborough air base, the office of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau…

Cadet arrested for sex assault with 17-year-old cadet in air force ceremony

A cadet cadet at an air force base was charged with sexually assaulting a teenager while he was attending a ceremony at the Farnborough air base, the office of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced on Thursday.

“The victim is also 17 and the accused is 28 years old,” the announcement said. “The incident, which has been described as an assault, occurred at the Air Force Base on July 5, 2019.”

The suspect, Hassan Diab, was charged with sexual assault and sexual interference, according to Global News.

A spokesperson for Public Safety Canada said in a statement that Diab was being held at the Rivière du Loup Detention Center, which is located about 30 miles northwest of Quebec City.

An investigation into the matter has been launched.

The senior air force personnel responsible for overseeing cadets had assumed Diab “had been eliminated from a number of cadet teams because of his age,” Trudeau said in a statement on the Ottawa Citizen’s website.

“Cadets will no longer be permitted to attend large events, including graduation and rituals, with him,” Trudeau said.

He added that Diab’s presence in an air force cadet organization was “contrary to the basic values of respect and service.”

“This type of conduct is unacceptable in any organization, not just the Royal Canadian Air Force,” Trudeau said.

Diab was convicted of murdering a woman in 1997, but the conviction was overturned on appeal in 2010.

“I’m just grateful he got arrested and charged,” Diab’s sister, Asad Kader, told the CBC. “It’s a good step. It’s just been four years that he is not free.”

Read the full story at the Ottawa Citizen.

Related

Online petition to re-take DNA from accused killer of Foxcatcher founder

Former Navy SEAL pleads guilty to theft after Trump pardons him

Boy, 8,’ may be a sleeper victim in report about being targeted by pedophiles in Florida beach town

Leave a Comment